Monday, February 12, 2018

Broadchurch


I feel I'm experiencing traumatic stress associated with processing the callousness of the DT administration. I'm raw, like my nerves have been rubbed all over with a scouring pad. When I watch a program like the first season of Broadchurch, before you know it I'm feeling flinty and pissed, wanting someone, anyone, to be punished. My condition isn't helped by the superbness of David Tennant and Olivia Colman, who voice obstinateness and resoluteness, respectively, like few actors I know. Colman, whose diction I find captivating, was MVP in The Night Manager (won the Golden Globe), and Tennant, well, is Tennant: Classically trained. Indefatigable. Probably the most loved Dr. Who of all time (pardon the pun). The Brits really have a way of peeling off the layers of community sin and this series is a prime example. The last episode of Season 1 was unrelenting in its depiction of human distress and nearly unbearable grief and regret. And yet, the image of memorial pyres burning along the southern coast of England gave me chills.

No comments:

The Fall Guy

  Director and former stuntman David Leitch's crafty tribute to Hollywood stunt performers, The Fall Guy, is a movie buff's delight ...